Happy June 1st. And to celebrate I am making one of my son’s favorite Brownies to Welcome him Home from work. Uing this easy brownie recipe made with Nutella spread.
- 1 and 1/4 cups Nutella, microwaved until runny – about 30 seconds
- 2 large eggs + 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 359 degrees. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Nutella and eggs until smooth and combined.
- Add the flour and salt, and fold in until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the centre is no longer jiggly and a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
What is a Hazelnut?
Hazelnut is the fruit nut of the hazel tree (Corylus). The fruit is round, pointed at one end, and surrounded by a hard shell.
What Hazelnuts Taste Like. Hazelnuts are sweet with characteristic slight notes of musty and earthy. One of the significant flavor mixtures found in hazelnuts is fiber tone
Is hazelnut a Nutella?
The hazelnut has always been the signature ingredient of Nutella®. It was during the post-war period that the creator of Nutella® had the brilliant idea to combine the delicious hazelnut, typical of the Italian region of Langhe, with cocoa, an ingredient that was hard to obtain at that time due to World War II.