I always make a batch of Popcorn Balls to sell at our Fall Harvest Festival to fund projects for the Melville Library. So come join our Community for some fun and games.
Make a Scarecrow craft at the Booth:
- brown construction paper.
- yellow construction paper or yellow wool
- black marker,
- paper plate,
To make this a quick craft : I Pre Painted the plates and all the items to make this craft. Then let the kids just assemble the Scarecrow at the booth with glue.
Halloween Popcorn balls for sell :
The Library sells these cute Halloween themed Popcorn balls to raise money for our projects we do at the Library.
- 7 quart of Pop Popcorn
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C light corn syrup
- 1/4 C water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tablespoon butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Halloween sprinkles, M& M and more
- Place popcorn in a large baking pan; keep warm in a 200° oven.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and salt. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 235° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat. Add the butter, vanilla and food coloring if desired; stir until butter is melted. Immediately pour over popcorn and stir until evenly coated.
- When mixture is cool enough to handle, quickly shape into 3-in. balls, dipping hands in cold water to prevent sticking.