Happy Sunday and today I am sharing a Special recipe. It’s Mom Carrot Cake cupcakes that she made all the time for friends and family and when she got sick taught the recipe to Dad to make. You can enjoy them with or without the cream cheese frosting but Why would you? Enjoy !
- 1 C chopped pecans
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 C sugar
- 3/4 C oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 C grated carrots
- 21/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 1/2 c of raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and 24 muffin cup cake liners
Combine flour ,soda , spices,sugar and eggs. Then add in carrots, raisins and can of pineapple.Mix well and place in 24 prepared muffin tins.
Cream cheese frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla on medium-high speed until very light, creamy, and smooth. On low speed gradually add in the sugar and beat until fluffy.
2 thoughts on “Moms’ Carrot Cake Muffins”
Thank you for sharing this recipe. Might just try to make it. Probably won’t come out as good as your moms…lol
LikeLiked by 1 person
She would be thrilled. Mom was all about sharing the love ❤️.