- ½ (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrust
- 1 ½ cups chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup bourbon or water
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons plain white cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon table salt
Preheat oven to 325ºF. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Sprinkle pecans and chocolate evenly onto bottom of piecrust.
Stir together corn syrup and next 3 ingredients in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients. Gradually whisk one-fourth of hot corn syrup mixture into egg mixture; add to remaining hot corn syrup mixture, whisking constantly. Pour filling into prepared piecrust.
Bake at 325°F for 55 minutes or until set; cool pie completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour)