It’s time once again to start my Holiday Home post. Today it’s all about making you home festive and some great smeels to get you in the mood for Christmas…. Lisa
- 12 in Straw wreath
- Assorted Christmas picks from floral department
- velvet Bow and hanger
I used a straw wreath for the base of this wreath. And then filled in with lots of assorted Christmas floral picks I picked up from the Craft store. I like to fill into between the picks with extra tree greenery. Add a red velvet ribbon and hang.
Tip : when you trim your fresh tree save the extra pieces and add them to the wreath.
DIY Christmas Candle Wax melts ;
- Soy wax flakes
- Silcom wax melt molds
- Christmas tree candle scents ( 20 drops)
- glass measuring cup to melt wax
- Wax warmer to melt finished melts
Measure out soy wax and melt gradually in microwave. Add fragrance to wax and mix. Pour into molds and let harden. After done – pop out of mold. You can melt them in a candle wax holder.
Tip : You can find cut molds in the candy making section of any big box store.
DIY Christmas Room Spray :
- 4-ounce fine-mist spray bottle
- 2 ounces distilled water
- 1.5 ounces Everclear
- 50 drops Douglas Fir,
- 20 drops Juniper Berry
- 5 drops Clove
- 5 drops Wild Orange
- 1–2 drops Cinnamon (
- Rinse bottle(s) well with distilled water.
- Add your essential oils. I designed this spray to be potent as I find I use less and the scent lingers longer. Feel free to scale down if you prefer a lighter spray.
- Add grain alcohol and distilled water. Add Everclear or grain alcohol of choice. Swirl for a few seconds to dissolve the oils, then top with distilled water. Shake well and adjust to your liking, adding more oils for a stronger scent, or more a bit more distilled water for a lighter scent.
- Affix the label. With a clean rag or towel, dry the bottle well and attach the label. For easiest placement, place the bottle on a flat, level surface like a table or countertop and align the label parallel to the water line.
Decorating Trends for 2022 :
- NATURAL TONES
- BLUE & GOLD
- FESTIVAL BRIGHTS or Pastels
- Nordic Inspired :
- Winter white
- Candy Cane
- Vintage Glamour