Today it’s Tell Me Tuesday and it’s a;; about organizing your home and setting goals for the New Year : So tell Me about your tips?
Organizing Tips and Habits for 2023 :
- Start giving everything in your home, well, a home
- Start buying containers with intention : Do the measurements fit your space and the items you want to organize?
- Start tidying up spaces when you’re done with them : by doing a little each day, it avoids the eventual pile-up of clutter that can feel too overwhelming to tackle. It’s easier to pick up and put away a handful of things today than a few dozen a month from now.
- Stop holding onto items because of guilt : In 2023, I hope that you can make the pact to no longer let the feelings of guilt keep you from having a clutter-free home.
- Start scheduling “declutter dates”
- Bedroom and coat closets (two times per year, ideally in early spring and early fall)
- Makeup/skincare/medicines (four times per year; I like to use the first of each season as a good reminder)
- Linens (two times per year; your local animal shelter will happily take old linens as donations)
- Kitchen tools (two times per year, ideally at the end of summer and after the holidays)
- Pantry/fridge/freezer (two to four times per month)
- Storage spaces (once per year; if they’re not temperature controlled, pick a time of year when it’s not too hot or too cold)