My sons home from college for the Summer and I am making his favorite cake.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (360g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or ½ tsp fine grained
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs large room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (15ml
- 1 cup sour cream (8oz/227g
- Preheat oven to 325F. Butter and flour a large bundt pan or coat with baking spray. Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl, whisk together and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla then eggs one at a time while mixing on medium speed, scraping the bowl down twice or so. Add the flour mixture and
- sour cream in alternating batches, mixing on low until just combined.
- Use your spatula to finish the batter off, scraping the bowl down and mixing any errant sour cream or flour in. Transfer the batter to your prepared bundt pan and bake at 325 for about 80 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the center. Cool in in pan 10 minutes before inverting
Freezing Pound Cake Tips :
Once the cake(s) cools completely, wrap it in Press & Seal. From one baker to another– this is the best product for wrapping cakes. Maybe it’s just me, but thin plastic/saran wrap is incredibly clingy and frustrating. And I always feel like I need to double wrap food when using it. It definitely works, but Press & Seal is so much easier to use and I’ve honestly found that it keeps my food fresher. Make Sure you Write Name and Date on each piece and I drop into a large Zip loc bag. When ready to Eat let thaw and Enjoy!