If it’s Thursday : It’s School Time
As a Mom education is very important to my family/ For 7 years we homeschooled our son with K12 Virtual school program. It’s a virtual public school program for Louisiana. He’s now a sophomore in college and doing great. I still help with a local school group and have a learning group at the library.
Are you new to homeschool? Thinking about it since school is suspended?
- Start with a simple daily plan ( schedule) for school and keep track of what lesson you work on each day. :
- Get kids up (set wake up time) -have breakfast-
- Do chores – start school ( math/science)
- -Lunch -PE (outside play) –
- Read,Writing,Spelling, Break (snack) History
- Essentially, most parents with a 5 or 6-year-old will be homeschooling for 2 hours a day. One parent said she recommends homeschoolers should study an hour a grade in the early years. For instance, Grade 1 should be one hour a day, Grade 2 should be two hours a day, and Grade 3 should be three hours a day
- They are toms of programs and website filled with help and lessons. Check out Pinter est out for printable and school set up)
- You can buy a home school program or make your own . Check state guidelines for home school information. https://www.abeka.com/Homeschool/Products/AbekaAcademyhttps://www.time4learning.com/curriculum/how-it-works.html
Simple Home school set up :
At the Library:
As a Mom, part time librarian books are a big part of my everyday life.
On Thursday the Library is open and we hold tutoring sessions and a home school co op group. We get together and do lessons, crafts and socialize.