Today is National Mint Chocolate Chip Day ! So it’s a Book and a Recipe to enjoy ! Lisa
Jen and Sherry’s Ice Cream shop is the perfect place to bring friends, families, clubs, and even pets to get a mouth watering and creamy, flavorful treat–Anything like Italian Ice, Milk Shakes, A Double-Scoop of Cherry Cheese Cake, Sundaes, and a variety of other Ice Cream flavors to choose from! The best part is that Jen’s and Sherry’s Ice Cream Shop is located in the Sunshine State, Florida, where you can get an icy, creamy treat 365 days of the year. Over the past year, Jen and Sherry have met lots and lots of quirky people, making their business a very interesting endeavor. But what was supposed to be a happy day abruptly turns into a tragedy when someone is found dead. Then the clucking hens, ‘AKA’ the library ladies’ club, along with Jen, must put their new sleuthing skills to use. Find out if they will be able to figure out who dunnit and bring this person to justice. A minty flavor with bits of suspense! Don’t miss out on the cool twist!
BOOKS IN JEN AND SHERRY’S ICE CREAM MYSTERY SERIES:
**CHUNKY RASPBERRY FUDGE MURDER; Book 2
**A PLAIN VANILLA TWIST; Book 3 (JUST RELEASED)
**BOO-BERRY I SCREAM; Book 4 (COMING SOON)
- 1 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream / softened
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 2 oz unsweetened chopped Chocolate
- 2 boxes of Oreo cookies crushed
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 C butter
- 1/2 C butter cubed
- Chocolate chps for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Press into two 13×9-in. dishes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, sugar, butter and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- Spread ice cream over each crust. Spoon cooled chocolate sauce over top; evenly spread to cover. Freeze until firm. Spread with whipped topping. Desserts may be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with chocolate chips