Welcome to Lisa * Everyday Life
March is here ! And it’s Birthday time @ Lisa Everyday Life
One Year ago I started this blog & I would like to Thank Everyone that has followed along with me on my journey.
February News Letter can be downloaded
We have some Event Coming Up :
April Mystery Tour -Do you love a good mystery? Friday’s in April is your home.
May : Lisa May Discovery Blog Tour -Sign Up Open
Your dates May 1-12th
Let’s be discovered together. More information on event page
Basic Yellow Cake & Icing
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon
- 1. Cream butter then gradually add sugar, beating well .
- 2. Add eggs, beating well after each addition: this mix should be fluffy yellow.
- 3. In another bowl, combine the flour and baking powder: The add mix to the creamed mixture ( above) alternating with milk, beginning and ending with the flour mix. Mix well.
- 4. Stir in vanilla.
- 5. Pour batter into 2 greased/floured 9″ pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean.
- 6. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove layers from pans and cool completely.
step 1:In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed. Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the milk.
step 2 :Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar. Frosts 13×9-inch cake generously, or fills and frosts an 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake.