Nothing goes better than some homemade scones with a good book-
Here’s a family favorite- Lisa
2 cups AP flour
1/3 c sugar
1 teasp baking powder
1/4 teasp baking soda
1/2 teasp salt
8 Tablespoon butter (frozen)
1/2 c Raisins
1/2 c sour cream
1 lg egg
Set oven at 400 degree-
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in raisins.
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg until smooth.
- Using a fork, stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form. Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball. (The dough will be sticky in places, and there may not seem to be enough liquid at first, but as you press, the dough will come together.)
- Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7- to 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp. of sugar. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 triangles; place on a cookie sheet (preferably lined with parchment paper), about 1 inch apart. Bake until golden, about 15 to 17 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
We do Sunday Lunch for my parents every week . It’s just as easy to cook for 5 as it is 3.
Today’s Lunch – BBQ Ribs , Rice , Bacon Con and Slaw.
My Bacon Corn
Fry Bacon in black skillet . Remove.
In hot skillet – Place corn ,bell pepper,onion and celery. Add a small amount of chicken stock and cook down, (smother) . After soften .
Crumble bacon and add to corn mixture. Toss to coat.
Hope you have a wonderful Sunday! Lisa
Were Using the Dehydrator today to make Jerky- If you are not a fan of eating it – Your Pets will love you for it. Makes great healthy treats. Lisa
Buy this Hydrator From Amazon
Beef Jerky ( with soy)
Chuck Tender steak ( cut on the bias ) into pieces
Marinated over night in-
Shosin wine, Dark Soy Sauce & Sweet Soy Sauce
Sprinkled with Seasoning & Spice
Dehydrated 4 to 6 hours. (until done)
. Need some suggestions-
Amazon Book Link
It’s that time of the Year in Louisiana- Blackberry time. They grow wild here along the road and leave but becauses of clearing and spraying of pesticide there’s lots less. These sweet berries when i was a child was plentiful – but now you might have to hunt around for them. Make sure you dress appropriately -because some times these wild berries are in hard to reach spots. There brambling nature make the job tough but the reward is so sweet. Lisa
- If not on public land make sure you ask before picking also.
So go grab you bucket and fill it up with this sweet berry. But be care of the thorns. But when you come home-
Mom’s Blackberry Cobbler
1 lb blackberries/ cleaned ,rinsed.
1/4 c soft butter
1/2 c sugar
1 c shifted flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c sugar ( can be adjusted )
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter & sugar,Add in dry ingredients alternating with milk. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into casserole dish . Spoon fruit over batter and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 45 minutes
Chow Chow Recipe ( basic recipe)
5 lb green tomatoes chopped
3/4 lbs of cabbage
2 lbs onions
1 cup sugar,1 cup vinegar And salt & Pepper to taste.
Place in jars – Keep refrigerated. Makes a great gift. Lisa
Chow–chow (Chowchow, Chow Chow) is a Nova Scotian and American pickled relish made from a combination of vegetables. Mainly green tomato, cabbage, or any vegetables you have. . These ingredients are pickled in a canning jar and served cold.
1 cup peeled tomato /chopped
1/2 cup of each- green pepper,celery cucumber and onions
1 tsp parsley,chives
clove garlic / minced
2 cups tomatoes juice
2 Tbsp. wine vinegar & olive oil
1/2 tsp. Worchester sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
Mix together. Cover and Chill . Serve cold.
Monday morning! If you had Easter Ham like us it’s probably time for leftovers.
Ham sandwich is on our lunch menu or salad with ham.
Ham is a Easter tradition in our house-
My husband was in charge of cooking the store bought ham.
He heated on the grill in a pan with cranberry/Apple juice . Scored and studded with cloves. And bacon layered on top to help add fat and backed to inside is 180 degrees (2-3hrs)
I’m looking for leftover recipes – leave me a comment with your suggestions. Lisa
Happy Saturday – From our Dessert Table from Good Friday !
As I promised on Thursday ! My Pie Recipe for the Holiday Celebration-
Strawberry Peanut Butter Pie
11/2 cup crushed pretzels
¼ cup sugar
½ cup melted butter
This is for the pie crust. Mix together and press into Pie Pan. Chill
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 8oz package cream cheese
½ c powdered sugar
1 ½ c frozen dessert topping /thawed
This is Pie filling. Add together and Whip until fluffy.
Frozen Strawberries ( you could use can or fresh )
Pie is layered:
In Chilled pie crust – Put strawberries down; add Peanut Butter Mix and Top with Rest of Strawberries.