Welcome to Sunday’s bible journaling and inspiration: Since we are in May today’s verses are about strong women in the Bible:
The Book of Esther:
Esther is one of only two books of the Bible named after a woman. An orphaned minority living in a foreign land. An ordinary woman who God raised up to be a Persian queen for a purpose she never could have imagined.
- God uses ordinary people.
- She did not allow her difficult circumstances make her bitter.
- Her beauty did not make her prideful.
- God is Sovereign over the heart of the King.
- She needed older mentors.
- To be courageous was not her first response to God’s Call.
- She knew where to find her strength.
- She waited on God’s timing.
- She loved her people more than her own life.
- Her Influence lives on.
The Judge : Deborah :
“And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time. And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.” Judges 4:4-5
She Was a Wife
Messenger of the Lord
She Was a Ruler
The Biblical account of Deborah ends with the statement that after the battle, there was peace in the land
Thee two pages are done in different styles ; Esther is made with handmade clip art shopping the change in her life . And Deborah as she dwell in the palm trees down in colored pencils. Two different women both serving God and there people. Lisa