She was born May 21 1909
Sister Maria Innocentia Hummel, O.S.F., was a famous German Franciscan Sister and artist. She is noted for the artwork which became the popular Hummel figurines
Hummel figurines have been a part of my life for a long time. My Mom had a collection of them and passed them on to my sister to enjoy last year. So enjoy my Birthday Salute to childhood memories:
The artist responsible for these adorable creations was Berta Hummel. She was born in Bavaria in the early 1900s. She enrolled in the Academy of Applied Arts in Munich, Germany, where she developed her talent further. Children were largely the subjects of her drawings. Religion was also important to Berta Hummel. She entered a convent where she continued to pursue her artwork and later changed her name to Maria Innocentia. Her drawings began to be published on postcards. Franz Goebel liked the drawings and made an agreement with her to produce porcelain figurines from her images. Goebel’s company only was granted the right to produce the figurines based on M.I. Hummel’s drawings. Berta Hummel was so prolific that new figurines can still be created today.
It’s official–the finest M.I. Hummel resource!
The charm and innocence of rosy-cheeked children, captured in M.I. Hummel’s heartwarming artwork, have inspired one of the world’s most beloved collectibles. The new edition of The Official M.I. Hummel Price Guide celebrates the joy of collecting these cherished figurines.
The Official M.I. Hummel Price Guide is the most authoritative and delightfully illustrated resource on M.I. Hummel collectibles available. Collectors and fans will find all the information they need to identify and determine the value of each piece in their collection using this book, which is officially licensed by ARS AG, Baar/Switzerland, licensor of M.I. Hummel.
- 2000+ full color images.
- Enhanced and expanded section of exclusive historic drawings by Maria Innocentia Hummel paired with the figurines they inspired.
- Completely updated listings and values for all your old favorites PLUS the latest editions in the “2000 Series.”
- Listings arranged by Hum number for ease in identification.
- History of M.I. Hummel collectibles as well as detailed information on understanding and deciphering nearly 80 years of M.I. Hummel trademarks.
- Full alphabetical index for effortless cross-referencing.