Morning Thursday Food bloggers-
Today is cold outside in South Louisiana -time for soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts chicken stock or broth, ( use homemade from chicken)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken,(from making chicken stock)
First in a large pot place chicken and chopped onion,celery and green peppers and Cajun seasoning in a pot . Cover with water and let cook. When chicken is fall tender take out meat and strain the stock .
- Pace a large pot over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaf. Cook and stir for about 6 minutes, until the vegetables are softened but not browned.
- Pour in the chicken broth and water and bring the liquid to a boil. Add in the rice and chicken; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium-low until the rice is tender, about 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.