Today is my wedding anniversary and I am sharing some morning memories from that day :
Mom I made this family favorite for the guest we had in town for the wedding to enjoy and all of us at home getting ready for the wedding. My Mom’s house is across the street from the church we got married in so it’s the perfect location for this breakfast brunch. As well as pre wedding preparations. Lisa
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pound sweet or spicy pork sausage / bulk
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 loaf french bread or Brioche ( broken up into small pieces_
- 2-1/2 cups (a little over 1/2 pound) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Scant teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter.
- In a large sauté pan (preferably nonstick) over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add the sausage and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break the meat into small clumps, until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a large mixing bowl, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Turn the heat down to medium, then add the onions to the pan along with 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook the onions, stirring constantly, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the onions to the mixing bowl with the sausage, along with the bread cubes, grated cheese and parsley. Toss well, then spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread mixture. Cover tightly with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for about one hour, uncovered, until puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.
This recipe can be made the day before and let come to room temperature before baking and serving… Lisa
Wedding Day Mimosa :
- ¾ cup champagne, chilled
- ¼ cup orange juice
Mix three parts of your favorite sparkling white to one part of your favorite orange juice. Enjoy!
5 thoughts on “Wedding Morning Brunch”
I wish you a Happy Anniversary, Lisa!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much 24 years and counting
LikeLiked by 1 person
That’s wonderful! 👏🏻💐
Happy Anniversary! What a lovely brunch.