Welcome to another Sunday Here : Freedom
Galatians 5:1, KJV: “Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.” Galatians 5:1, NASB: “It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.”
What does Galatians 5 mean?
Faith in Christ is a gift of God, and the work of his Spirit, leading a person into believing in Christ for salvation, and making a “profession of faith”.
What is the main message of Galatians?
The central theme of Galatians is “How is a person saved and justified? By works of the law, or by faith?”. Almost everything Paul writes in this book will be to answer those questions
As Christians we are called servants and yet God wants us to be servants who enjoy freedom. God does not want us being in bondage to:
- Human opinion, popularity, the praise or fear of men: Galatians 1:10
- Sin, addiction, guilt: Romans 6:14
- Worry and anxiety: 1 Peter 5:7
- Superstition, our own arrogance or ignorance: 1 Timothy 2:4
- The dread and terror of death: Hebrews 2:14
- Our own selfishness and demand for instant gratification: Philippians 3:19
- Being possessed by our possessions: Luke 12:15
- Being our own worst enemy, the bondage of self-destructive behavior: 1 Peter 4:3; Titus 3:3.