Thursday recipe is from My hubby and One of my favorite’s : Vegetable Lo Mein
- 8 ounces dried lo mein noodles (spaghetti)
- Lo mein (simplified Chinese: 捞面; traditional Chinese: 撈麵/撈麪; Cantonese Yale: lou1 min6; pinyin: lāo miàn) is a Chinese dish with egg noodles. It often contains vegetables and some type of meat or seafood, usually beef, chicken, pork, shrimp or wontons. It can also be eaten with just vegetables.
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
For the Lo Mein
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu,drained, pressed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 4 scallions, white and green parts separated, whites finely chopped, greens cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans , cut into 1-inch pieces
Cook the noodles per packaged directions. Rinse and Drain. In a small bowl make the sauce. in a large skillet heat 1 T of oil lightly cook tofu and mushrooms. Remove to a plate and add the rest of oil. Add vegetables and cook for a few minutes. Then add back tofu,mushroom ,noodles and sauce -Cook a few minutes and top with scallions.
Noodles Choices :
You can make this Vegan or Glutton free with your choice of noodles..