May 1st ! And today and getting things ready for Saturday : National Scrapbook Day :
Are you attending a Crop or planning to do some Scrapbooking at home :
What is a Crop?
Before we dive in, there are some who may be wondering just what a crop is. Crops are similar to a quilting bee, in the sense that crafters come together to work on a project while socializing, collaborating, and inspiring each other. Example: a scrapbooker going to crop would bring supplies pertaining to a layout he/she is working on. Crops are a lot of fun and a great way to learn new techniques, be creative, and spend time with like-minded friends!
First let’s gather some supplies :
- Card Stock: Card Stock is the basic requirement to start creating your own scrapbook. …
- Scrap/Patterned Paper. …
- Scissors/Trimmers/Cutters. …
- Embellishments. …
- Adhesives: …
- Distress Ink: …
- Photos. ( I planned ahead and took advantage of Sales going on on printing pictures. ) You can check local for printing.
If you plan to crop at Home you might go ahead and make kits of supplies you need for pages with pictures.
General formula for a scrapbook kit :
- 6 sheets of 12″ x 12″ cardstock (2 each of 3 colors)
- 4 to 6 sheets of coordinating patterned papers
- 1 set of alphabet stickers, chipboard letters, or rub-on letters
- journaling cards, journal-box stamped images, printed quote, etc.
- 3-D elements that coordinate with the themes/colors/patterns of the papers
- chipboard shapes
Scrapbook Deals :
List of Deals and Coupons :https://www.scrapbook.com/coupons
Creative Memories site https://papercrafterscorner.com/blog/national-scrapbook-day-creative-memories