The Guide to Growing and Harvesting Flavorful Teas in Your Backyard
by Jodi Helmer
Companion House Books
You Love To Drink Tea. Why Not Grow Your Own?
If you’ve ever considered raising your own tea, this comprehensive guide is the place to start. Growing Your Own Tea Garden is packed with inspiration and practical instructions for cultivating and enjoying delicious teas. Author Jodi Helmer helps you plan and plant a productive backyard tea garden, with sample garden designs and cultivation advice. She shows you how to choose the right crops for your soil and climate, starting with the tea plant (Camellia sinensis) and going on through a comprehensive survey of tisanes, or herbal teas. Discover how to grow the full range of herbal infusions that make wonderful teas, from flowering chamomile and lavender to chicory roots, rose hips, lemon verbena, peppermint, aromatic bergamot and more. Jodi shows you how to harvest, dry and store your tea to enjoy all year long, along with brewing tips and creative recipes.
Inside Growing Your Own Tea Garden
· Everything you need to know to create a healthy, bountiful tea garden and enjoy high quality tea
· How to grow dozens of crops that make marvelous teas, herbal infusions and decoctions
· Sample tea garden designs, including instructions for growing tea in container gardens and raised beds
· Understanding the differences between black tea, green tea, white tea and herbal tea
· How to dry and store your leaves for consumption on cool autumn days
· Let it steep: how to brew the perfect cup of tea
Net Galley Book Review :
We are big Tea drinkers in my family. From Cold to hot from white to black we drink them all. But I never thought to grow my own.
Growing Your Own Tea Garden suggests possible herbs, flowers, and tea to grown in your home garden and the way in which you might grow them, if you’re out of the growing zone. Please note here that the growing information is geared toward the US and Canada. If you live in another region you might want to compare your average temperatures to the recommended growing zones. This book will have you growing,drying and drinking Tea like a pro. Lisa