Its Peaches time in Louisiana ! And National peaches and cream day : Homemade ice cream is today’s recipe. Lisa
- 12 med peaches peeled/pitied
- 2 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Quarts heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Crushed ice/ salt
Chill ice cream freezer before using. In food processor process Peaches until smooth- add sugar and lemon juice and set aside. Blend together Cream,salt and extract and Mix with peach mixtures. Pour into prepared freezer container and follow direction on your ice cream freezer. Will yield 3 quarts.
Grandma ice cream in the freezer :
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup prepared peach preserves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 peaches, peeled and rough chopped
- In a small bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and peach preserves. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat until still peaks form.
- Fold the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream.
- Fold in the chopped peaches.
- Freeze in a freezer proof container until frozen, about 5 hours or overnight