Today is all about celebrating that great treat of Ice Cream !
Old Fashion Vanilla Ice Cream
- 6 eggs
- 6 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk, or as needed
- Combine eggs, evaporated milk, condensed milk, sugar, and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker. Add milk, if necessary, for mixture to reach the fill line. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
No machine ice cream
- 14 oz. can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups Heavy cream, whipping cream – cold
- 1 ½ Tbs. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 -2 cups strawberries – washed and stems removed (frozen strawberries can be used)
Make sure to chill your mixer bowl and whisk before starting. Every thing needs to be icy cold :
- Prepare strawberries – rough chop about a 1/3 of a cup of berries. Then the rest puree until smooth. Add to the puree mixture condense milk and extract and salt. Stir together.
- Place whipping cream in chilled mixer bowl and whip until peaks form. Fold in Strawberry puree mixture and chopped strawberries. Combine and then place in a covered freezer safe container. Let freeze 6-8 hours,