Welcome to my Friday favorites ! Today I am sharing this last Friday of July some Picnic time favorites. Kije celebrating Paper book day with a great Summer read and a tasty salad to bring to the party…. Lisa
National Paper book Day: Summer Read
Two best friends. Ten summer trips. One last chance to fall in love.
From the New York Times bestselling author of Beach Read comes a sparkling new novel that will leave you with the warm, hazy afterglow usually reserved for the best vacations.
National Cheesecake Day ! paperback cookbook
The highly-anticipated upgraded edition of the definitive book on luscious, decadent cheesecake by a master chef and baker.
Beloved for over a decade, this comprehensive cheesecake resource allows its many readers to indulge in recipes that range from traditional and chocolate to fruity and savory. Now, Easy Cheesecake Cookbook is back and better than ever with new recipes to satisfy people who eat a gluten-free diet and to answer the recent cultural appetite for more savory cheesecakes.
National Watermelon and Avocado Day :
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
For the salad
- 5 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 heaping cup diced English cucumber
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ⅓ cup torn mint or basil leaves
- ½ jalapeño or serrano pepper, thinly sliced, optional
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic and salt.
- Arrange the watermelon, cucumber, and red onions on a large plate or platter. Drizzle with half the dressing. Top with the feta, avocado, mint, and serrano pepper, if using, and drizzle with remaining dressing. Season to taste and serve.