Bible journaling is an exciting way to engage with Scripture. It can transform the way you spend time in the Word and it all begins within the margins of the Bible.
Your relationship with God is unique. Shouldn’t your Bible reflect and celebrate that bond? In this introduction to Bible journaling, you’ll discover meaningful ways to combine art, heart and scripture–from backgrounds to hand-lettered verses to beautiful full-page drawings. No expensive supplies or artistic skills are required…only a desire to honor and enhance your spiritual life.
To guide your creative worship experience, this book provides:
- Prompts to engage you with the text, then visually interpret Scripture in words and pictures
- Basic techniques for working with colored pencils, watercolor pencils and watercolor paints
- 21 step-by-step tutorials for drawing trees, flowers, skies, mountains, maps, water, light and other popular themes
- Tons of inspirational page samples and suggested verses to illustrate
- Downloadable icons and technique videos available on the author’s website
“Our lives are busy, and we leave a trail of things-we-should-remember on the ground behind us. Instead, scoop them up and journal them. Preserve the lessons vital to our growth as Christians.” ~page 12