It’s National Running Day ! Try this great recipe & Join our June Linky Party it’s all about Food!
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar may also be used
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 lime, juiced (approx. 2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked Spanish sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small pineapple, cut into approx. 1 inch cubes
Whisk together all of the ingredients minus the chicken and pineapple in a bowl. In a resealable freezer bag add in the cubed chicken and pour in the marinade, reserving 1/4 cup of it for brushing on the skewers while grilling. Massage the marinade into the chicken and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight if possible.
2. After the chicken has marinated, preheat the grill to approximately 400° F. Thread the chicken and pineapple onto metal or wooden skewers. (I alternated between 2 pieces of chicken and then a piece of pineapple).
3. Grill the skewers for approximately 3-4 minutes then flip them over and grill another 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Brush the remaining 1/4 cup of marinade over the skewers during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
4. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice topped with cilantro and lime wedges if desired.