This Monday we are home after a big weekend in our community…
Saturday at the Library :
Election Day! Polls open 7 to 7
Saturday our local Library turned in the Polling spot for our town. It was filled with people voting for there candidates… And also a great time too spread news about the library and what it offers to our community….
Sunday’s Fall Festivals:
Sunday a local church had a Fall festival with music,puppet show,face painting ,games and an our annual Chili cook off. My entry is a little different than regular Chili….
Easy White Chicken Chili :
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, cook chicken and onion over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking up chicken into crumbles.
- Pour one can of beans in a small bowl; mash slightly. Stir mashed beans, remaining can of beans, chiles, seasonings and broth into chicken mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until flavors are blended, 12-15 minutes. Serve with toppings as desired