It’s the Saturday before Christmas and what are your weekend plan?
My bunch are sleeping in. Then Brunch -Recipe coming up. And then this afternoon we are hosting a holiday party at the Library. With a movie,popcorn and Make and Take gifts. Should be fun far all.
Savory Brunch Waffles :
- 1 package (16oz) Sams (walmart) breakfast sausage
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 4 cups Waffle Batter, prepared
- Topping can be an egg,more cheese,syrup or chives
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, until golden brown and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Set sausage aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate cheese and prepare waffle batter.
- Combine cheese and cooked sausage with waffle batter, stirring just until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Heat a waffle iron. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and pour batter into hot iron. Close and cook until waffles are cooked through and golden brown (this took 4-5 minutes in our iron; the waffles are usually done when they stop steaming).
- Serve waffles immediately with any topping.
- You can also substitute the sausage for a Cup of finely diced ham
Sunday will be Church and some Christmas shopping to finish. Are you done with your shopping?