Slow Cooked Potatoes Soup : is on the menu for today .
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 pounds russet potatoes peeled and 1-inch diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves removed from stem, or 1/2 tsp dry
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 green onions green tops sliced thinly
- Cook bacon until crisp. Let drain and chop. Set aside to use.
- In a 6-quart slow cooker add potatoes, garlic, thyme leaves, onion, black pepper, and bacon (reserve a little bit of bacon for garnish).
- Add chicken stock into the slow cooker and stir to combine. cook on high for 4 hours (or 6-8 hours on low) or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- When the potatoes are soft use a potato masher to mash some of the potatoes in the slow cooker. Add cheese,sour cream and heavy cream and let the soup warm through on high, about 30 minutes.
Serve the soup topped with green onions.
You can use ham instead of bacon .
Not a fan of cheddar : you can use what you want.