Here on my Wed Food blog it’s allabout sweets with a twist. Let’s put something new on the Thanksgiving table :
Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake :
Stop over at Lisa K Creative Life and grab this slow cook version.
Pecan Pie Cheesecake :
- ½ (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs, divided
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions. Fold edges under, and crimp.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and salt at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture into piecrust; sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans.Whisk together corn syrup and remaining 3 eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla; pour mixture over pecans. Place pie on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° on lowest oven rack 50 to 55 minutes or until pie is set. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
Cranberry and Apple Crisp :
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Combine apples, cranberries, sugar and flour. Pour into a greased 11×7-in. baking dish. In a bowl, mix topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until fruit is tender.