Check out my English Garden cozy mystery and a 3 ingredients shortbread cookies. Perfect for Afternoon Tea.
Today’s recipe is inspired by our feature cozy mystery. It’s the Perfect recipe for afternoon tea with friends and a good book discussion. https://lisaevrydayread.wordpress.com/2021/04/07/deadhead-and-buried/
Why do they call it shortbread?
Shortbreadis so named because of its crumbly texture (from an old meaning of the word “short”, as opposed to “long”, or stretchy). The cause of this texture is its high fat content, provided by the butter. … The related word “shortening” refers to any fat that may be added to produce a “short” (crumbly) texture.
- cup 8 oz. butter(room temperature)
- 1/2cup(2oz/60g)) powdered sugar(sifted)
- 2cups(10oz/300g)) all purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together the soft butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light inf fluffy.
- Add in the flour and mix until the dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a counter…
View original post 140 more words