Welcome to my Monday Coffee Break. My time to catch up what’s going on and sharing a few pictures and recipes. Hope everyone had a great week and Mother’s Day. I did my son is home from College . making my weekend.
Blog Update :
Looks like another fun week with lots of things too share. Wildflower week, School Nurse , and more/ Lisa
Monday Recipe” : Hummus (May 13)
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, peeled (from 1 to 1 ¼ cup dry chickpeas or from quality canned chickpeas. See recipe notes for more instructions on cooking and peeling chickpeas)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- ⅓ cup (79 grams) Tahini paste
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Hot water (if needed)
- Add chickpeas and minced garlic to the bowl of a food processor. Puree until a smooth, powder-like mixture forms.
- While processor is running, add ice cubes, tahini, salt, and lemon juice. Blend for about 4 minutes or so. Check, and if the consistency is too thick still, run processor and slowly add a little hot water. Blend until you reach desired silky smooth consistency.
- Spread in a serving bowl and add a generous drizzle of EVO olive oil on top.