Lisa Book Club Recipe time ; A great cozy mystery and a recipe for Mexican Wedding Cookies . Happy Cinco De Mayo.
This cookie is inspired by Yesterday Cozy Mystery : and a family favorite at any time. Enjoy Thursday recipe .and this book… Lisa
Mexican Wedding Cookies :
How did Mexican Wedding Cookies get their name?The beginnings of the Mexican wedding cake cookie are far removed from Mexico. Food historians believe that it has its origins in medieval Arab cookery; the Middle East has a long tradition of rich special-occasion pastries using butter, honey, sugar, spices and nuts.
For the cookie dough:
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
To roll the cookies:
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a small bowl combine flour, finely chopped pecans, and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer combine butter and sugar, creaming them together on low speed…
View original post 105 more words