Good Morning today is May 21st and National Bike to work day! National Bike to Work Day takes place on the third Friday in May, right in the middle of National Bike Month. The observance encourages us to bike to work, but it also raises awareness of cyclists as they commute to and from work each day.
BASIC BIKE CHECK (JUST REMEMBER: ABC QUICK CHECK)
- A is for Air
- B is for Brakes
- C is for Cranks and Chains
- Quick : for quick release
- H for Helmet
When riding, always:
- Go With the Traffic Flow. Ride on the right in the same direction as other vehicles. …
- Obey All Traffic Laws. A bicycle is a vehicle and you’re a driver. …
- Yield to Traffic When Appropriate. …
- Be Predictable. …
- Stay Alert at All Times. …
- Look Before Turning. …
- Watch for Parked Cars.
Health benefits of regular cycling
- increased cardiovascular fitness.
- increased muscle strength and flexibility.
- improved joint mobility.
- decreased stress levels.
- improved posture and coordination.
- strengthened bones.
- decreased body fat levels.
- prevention or management of disease.
Homemade Trail Mix :
Tropical Trail Mix:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 2 cups unsweetened dried mangos, chopped
- 1/2 cup banana chips
- Combine ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir everything together well.
- Store in glass jars or Tupperware, and portion out for snacks as desired!