Welcome to my Sunday Table. In September I am remembering my Mom by sharing some of her favorite thing to eat. She always enjoyed going out to Brunch after Church on Sunday – so this is her pick for Brunch. Lisa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces tasso ham, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 36 medium shrimp, peeled (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 ¼ cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tasso; sauté 2 minutes or until edges are golden. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add shrimp to pan, sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, and cook 3 minutes, turning once. Add 1/4 cup water, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove from heat; add butter, stirring to melt. Cover and keep warm.
- Step 2Bring milk, salt, and 2 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat. Gradually add grits, and cook until thick and bubbly (about 5 minutes), stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove grits from heat; add cheese, stirring with a whisk until cheese melts.
- Step 3Spoon grits evenly onto 6 plates. Top evenly with shrimp, ham mixture, and green onions.
Serve with lots of hot coffee, Biscuits or Rlls and if brunch a Green Salad.
Sunday Discussion :
We are catching up on Family News- how everyone is safe from Ida. How Jon during at College. Health of family and friends, And of course Mom – who we lost a year ago. How she loved to eat this dish when we would go out for Sunday Brunch at her favorite restaurant, Lisa