Hello Sunday reader and Welcome to my Home. My Word for 2022 is Grow . And while cleaning out my flower beads among the things I found was Carrots growing.
I had not planned on a Winter Garden – but ib spite of that Seeds my son planted this Summer grew and we have a crop of carrots. Like the struggles we have all been growing through these tiny seeds – made it. A lesson in life we all can learn.
You have to grow from the inside out. …
Roasted Carrots: with Honey
- 1 pound small carrots peeled and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Place the carrots in a single layer on the baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Pour the honey mixture over the carrots and toss to coat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until carrots are tender and browned. Roasting time may vary depending on the size of the carrots.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately, sprinkled with parsley if desired.
Louisiana Fall Gardens :
Vegetables that can be planted in November and through the winter include beet, cabbage, carrot, celery, Chinese cabbage, collard, endive, garlic, kale, kohlrabi, leek, lettuce, mustard, onion, peas (English and snow), radish, rape, rutabaga, shallot, Swiss chard and turnip.