June is National Dairy month and today at Kids Club we are visiting a Dairy Farm, doing some a fun activities and a Science experiment : making ice ream. So let’s get started:
Virtual Dairy Farm visit:
Dairy month activities:
Ice Cream in a Bag : Science Experiment :
- Large gallon size ziplock bag
- Quart size ziplock bag
- Oven mitts (to keep hands warm)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups ice
- ⅓ cup kosher salt
- In the smaller bag, add the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Seal the bag and remove as much excess air as possible.
- In the larger bag, add the kosher salt and ice.
- Using oven mitts (to keep your hands warm) shake the bag for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the bag and serve with optional toppings if desired.