This Sunday I am turning over to my Hubbies Grandmother Lee . For her Almond Cookie recipes. Almond cookies resemble coins, so people make or buy them to bring good economic fortune.
Maa Maa ( Grandmother) cookie recipe:
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour, lightly packed
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Thinly sliced almonds, for decoration
- Place the almond flour, salt, and butter into an electric mixer with a paddle attachment and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. The mixture will become coarse and chunky looking. Add 1 egg and almond extract. Add flour,sugar and baking soda. Chill dough- flatten into disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Add Chill 2 hours.
One thought on “Chinese Almond Cookies”
I love cookies…..surely will try it…..thanks for sharing 😊😊