Almonds are the edible seeds of Prunus dulcis, more commonly called the almond tree. … The almonds you can buy in stores usually have the shell removed, revealing the edible nut inside. They are sold either raw or roasted. They are also used to produce almond milk, oil, butter, flour or paste — also known as marzipan.
- 1/2 C plus 1 Tablespoon Butter / soften
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon light Corn Syrup
- 1 C Sliced Almonds
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil; butter the foil with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Set aside.
- Spread the sides of a heavy saucepan with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Add 1/2 cup of butter, sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in almonds. Quickly pour into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until firm. Invert pan and remove foil. Break candy into pieces.
Spicy Roasted Almonds :
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oi
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. .Line a baking tray with some baking/parchment paper.
- Mix the almonds, oil, cayenne pepper and salt together in a bowl.
- Place the coated almonds on the baking tray, and roast for 15 minutes in the oven.Turn the almonds halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Serve immediately if enjoying warm, or allow to cool completely before storing.