Welcome to the Melville, La. Saturday Book Club. This Summer we are enjoying some fun cozy mysteries and fun. Today we have another camping book set at a diner and a recipe to share with our club members.
This weeks pick:
OUTHERN HOSPITALITY WITH A SMIDGEN OF HOMICIDE
USA Today Bestselling author Tonya Kappes brings you southern and quirky characters in her mystery series. Her stories are charged with humor, friendship, family and life in small southern towns.
Welcome to Normal, Kentucky~ where nothing is normal.
Who served up the murder at the Normal Diner? A beloved resident of Normal, Kentucky is found dead on the floor of the Normal Diner, leaving the entire town on high alert.
Faster than the short order cook can say order up… the laundry ladies are in the scene. News spreads fast about the murder and Detective Hank Sharp is hungry for answers. Mae West along with the Laundry Club ladies come up with a list of suspects and the evidence is piling up faster than a juicy double cheeseburger.
Who murdered the beloved citizen? Was it a hit to score some extra lunch money?
Easy Cheery pie : from the diner
Happy National Pie Day!
- 2 Pre pared Pie Crust
- 2 cans Cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place one pie crust in a deep dish pie plate. Allow your little helper to use her fingers to press it into the bottom, sides, and especially the corners of the plate
- Open the cans of pie filling and scrape it into the pie plate. Add the almond extract and mix it with the cherries and juice. Smooth it all out with a spatula.
- Carefully lay the second pie crust on top of the pie filling, and press the edges together.Make slits in pie top
- Brush the top crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar. This is just to make it pretty and not at all necessary.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 40-45 minutes. After the first 15 minutes, cover the outer edge of the pie with aluminum foil or a pie shield to make sure it doesn’t get too brown