It’s Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving! And I am finishing up my Thanksgiving menu. No Turkey is key at our house. My hubby is allergic to Turkey and gives him a migraine. I am so glad Turkeys are Not on the menu….
Cornish Game Hen with Wild Rice :
- 4 Cornish Game hens
- 1/4 tsp of Salt and Pepper
- 2 T butter divided
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 ribs celery , chopped
- 1 can of condensed mushroom soup
- 1 can mushroom steams
- 1 package of fast cooking wild rice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice according to package directions. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in the soup, mushrooms and prepared rice.
- Sprinkle inside and outside of hens with salt and pepper. Stuff with rice mixture. Place on a rack in a greased shallow roasting pan; cover with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Melt remaining butter; brush over hens. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 180° for hens and 165° for stuffing.