Friday is here and time for: Home for the Holidays
Holiday dining is up on today’s post : Table settings
Basic Table Setting Instructions
- Lay the placemat on the table.
- Put the dinner plate in the middle of the placemat.
- Lay the napkin to the left of the plate.
- Place the fork on the napkin.
- To the right of the plate, place the knife closest to the plate, blade pointing in. Place the spoon to the right of the knife. (Note: The bottoms of the utensils and the plate should all be level.)
- Place the water glass slightly above the plate, in between the plate and the utensils, about where 1 p.m. would be on a clock face.
Using Napkin Rings :
How do you set a napkin ring on a table?When using napkin rings, set the table with the point of the napkin facing the diner. After the napkin has been removed from the ring, the ring should be placed at the top left side of the placesetting.
The Easy Roll is one of the quickest and most simple napkin folds. Fold the napkin in half with the folded edge oriented towards the right. Begin to tightly roll the napkin towards the left. Continuing rolling the napkin and when done slip in rings.
Today’s Crafts :
We are making DIY Napkin ring for our holiday Table :
Napkin rings can be made with many materials: metal,beads,wood,fabric and yes! Paper.
Today’s rings are made using toilet paper rolls cut in 2in rings covered in paper and decorated.