They celebrate 244th years this November 10 th!
The United States Marine Corps Birthday is celebrated every year on 10 November with a traditional ball and cake-cutting ceremony. On that day in 1775, the Continental Marines were established.
Dad’s Favorite Strawberry cake
My Dad is a Marine and this is a Happy Birthday to all Marines to enjoy ! Lisa
- 18 -ounce white cake mix
- 3 -ounce strawberry jello
- 1 cup fresh strawberries mashed or finely chopped (frozen can be used) So you can make this any time of the year.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 -ounce cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 5 to 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen strawberries mashed or chopped fine, drained
Instructions : Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray pans with non-stick spray. Place the cake mix, jello, strawberries, oil, milk and eggs in a large bowl. Mix until done. Divide the batter evenly among cake pans . Cook as directed on package . Remove cake and cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Sift sugar and add one cup full at a time to cream mixture. Add cream and strawberries and incorporate completely. Pour over cake and smooth out covering entire cake layer.