It’s Saturday morning in the Jung household and its all quite. Hubby is sleeping after a long week in the office and my Son is away at college. So it’s time for coffee for Me while I watch a little Great British Baking Show.
For Brunch : Sour Cream Coffee Cake
with streusel topping . Is one of my hubbies favorite. Perfect with coffee for brunch or dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until combined. Spread half the batter into a greased dish.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half of topping over batter. Dollop with remaining batter and sprinkle with topping. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.