From my kitchen heart healthy Salmon with lemon and rosemary :
- 2 salmon fillets, bones and skin removed
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange half the lemon slices in a single layer in a baking dish. Layer with 2 sprigs rosemary, and top with salmon fillets. Sprinkle salmon with salt, layer with remaining rosemary sprigs, and top with remaining lemon slices. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
BASICS TO PAIRING WINE WITH SALMONFull-Bodied White Wines – As a general rule, rich oily fish like salmon pair wonderfully with full-bodied white wines like oak-aged Chardonnay, Viognier, Marsanne, White Rioja, White Burgundy and White Pinot Noir.