It was actually yesterday with the start of Read Across America and many more book related holidays this week. So today I am having a party at the library and inviting everyone to attend. Lisa
Start with a cute invite :
These can be made online or by the kids . Have everyone bring there favorite book to the party or dress up as a character from the books.
On the menu :
Tuna Fish sandwich :
- 6 oz of tuna
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sweet relish
- Empty tuna into bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and pickle relish.
- Mix well and taste. Add more mayo or pickle relish if necessary.
- Toast bread.
- plum size tomatoes
- cucumber Slices
- orange slices, fresh blue and red berries
Fill a tray of an assortment of fruits and vegetables and dipping sauce for a fun side dish.
Blue Fish Parfaits :
- 2 cups boiling water,
- 1 package of red fish candy
- 2 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Berry Blue Flavor Gelatin
- 2 cups cold water,
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
Stir 2 cup boiling water into dry gelatin in large bowls 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir 2 cup cold water into gelatin .Pour blue gelatin into separate 8-inch square pans.Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Cut gelatin in pan into 1/2-inch cubes. Layer alternating blue gelatin cubes and the whipped topping in 10 dessert glasses. Store in refrigerator