Welcome last Monday of April and maybe the stay at home order. But Louisiana is slow to react so we will see what changes May brings .
How has staying at home changed you ?
- I have been out in the yard more and planning a victory garden. ( I need a trip to garden center)
- Shopping for grocery on the internet and picking them up-as well as curb sided pizza. Instead og going in.
- Still able to do drive up daiquiri a Louisiana original. ( my way of social distancing)
- the smell of magnolias trees blooming.
- No baseball games but I have a great bar recipe in honor of Babe Ruth today!
Babe Ruth Candy Cookie Bar’s :
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 cups corn flakes ( you can use oatmeal)
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peanuts
- In a large sauce pan, mix together corn syrup, peanut butter, and sugars on medium heat until it is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together corn flakes, 1 cup of chocolate chips, and the peanuts.
- Pour hot corn syrup mixture over the corn flakes.
- Mix until corn flakes are completely coated. Press the mixture into into a greased 9×13″ pan. Let cool.
- Melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and drizzle over the bars.