In My Kitchen : it’s all about honey and bees
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and sour cream until smooth.
- Pour half of cake batter into prepared pan and smooth it out.
- Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly on top of cake batter.
- Cover with remaining cake batter, spreading it evenly. Run a knife in a swirling pattern through the cake batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Pour over hot cake. Let cake cool 20 minutes before cutting.
Martin Honey https://martinhoney.com
Martin Honey was founded in 2013 by Justin Martin and began with only local honey sales and occasional farmer’s markets. Over the years, we have broadened our horizon and now specialize in the production of 100% raw, unfiltered honey, honeycomb, Italian/Wild Bee hybrid nucs, as well as natural body care products that are handcrafted and scented with pure essential oils. Throughout our business, we have strived to maintain affordable pricing while never compromising on pure and natural materials. All honey and beeswax is derived straight from hive to product.
Honey Blondie s
- 1 stick – salted butter
- 1/4 C honey
- 1 egg
- 1 T sea salt (for top)
- 1 C AP flour
- 1 C dark brown sugar
- 1 tap vanilla extract
- 1/2 C chocolate chunks
Preheat oven to 350°F. Use a nonstick baking spray and prepare an 8-inch square baking pan. Line with parchment, leaving an overhang on two sides, spray parchment and pan.
Melt butter in a small saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Butter will foam and start to become very fragrant. Cook until butter turns a nutty brown color. Remove from heat and pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Add honey to still warm butter and stir. Let cool to room temperature.
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Add brown sugar to bowl with butter and honey, whisk until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients, chocolate chunks, and optional walnuts. Stir until mixture is just incorporated. Do not over-stir.
Pour batter into pan and distribute evenly, smoothing out the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Test center with a toothpick, until it comes out clean.
Place on rack to cool.