Welcome to my Wednesday Food Blog.
Today’s recipe is all about grilling in a packet is that even a fine and delicate fish that would usually fall apart on the grill will work here because the foil protects
- 4 small zucchini, diced
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers thin;y sliced (use red or yellow for color)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cracked lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 (6 ounce) pieces Tilapia or catfish (can use any fish you like)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the grill to medium/high heat. Meanwhile assemble the fish packets. Lay out 4 large pieces of heavy duty foil. Place an equal amount of zucchini, onions,bell pepper in the center of each foil packet. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the veggies and sprinkle veggies with salt, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Place a few sprigs of thyme on the veggies.
- Place one piece of fish in each packet directly on top of the veggies and sprinkle fish with a little extra salt, lemon pepper and garlic powder. Add one tablespoon of butter on top of the fish.
- Fold up the sides of each packet sealing around the edges. Leave a little space at the top of the packet for steam to escape.
- Place directly on the grill, close the cover and cook for 10-12 minutes until fish is cooked through. Remove from heat and carefully open the packet and squeeze over some fresh lemon juice.
This is a basic recipe that can be changed with what you have on hand or growing in the garden . So give it a try and Enjoy!….Lisa