Welcome to the Weekend !
The heat wave is here in force in Louisiana – so let’s check out the garden for what’s ready to harvest . And maybe supplement with vegetables from the farmers market for a fun stir fry Lisa
It’s Red Bell Peppers time : Little Sir fry from my Mother in Law
- 2 Green zucchini , cut into long stripes
- 2 Red Bell pepper cut into stripes
- 1 Onion , thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon Canola or Peanut oil
- Salt , to taste
- wash, dry and cut the zucchinis a,onion and bell peppers into long stripes and keep aside.Heat oil in a wok, add the finely chopped garlic and saute till it turns golden color .Add the sliced onion and saute until it turns translucent.Add in the zucchini and red bell pepper stripes, season with salt and fry them for a minute.Add in the oregano, thyme and red chilli flakes and saute for another minute .