Today the library is closed due to the holiday but we will be back next week. So i thought I would share a little about our Library. Not only is it a place for books, a meeting place for the town but it is also a place where our community comes together to help others
. Living in a small town means neighbors help neighbors in times of needs . 2020 has been a busy year with lots of people out of work and in need -so this is what’s been going on at the Library.
The library is the destitution drop off spot for different government originations lending help to the community/
- FEMA : hurricane relief
- Smile ( utilities help)
- School Lunch program
- Catholic Charities (Senior food help)
- FDA / Food Bank ( food destruction)
I post a monthly recipe on the towns website to help using the food given out .
December’s Food Box recipe: Baked Spaghettis
- 3/4 lb of ground meat ( turkey )
- 1 jar spaghettis sauce
- 1 lb spaghettis pasta
- 1 C Cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In large skillet, cook hamburger until brown. Mix spaghetti sauce into skillet. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Mix in pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Mix together spaghetti and meat mixture, pour into 9×13 pan. Top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.