This Monday starts a busy week for our family as Chinese New Year -goes into Valentine’s Day into Mardi Gras next Tuesday. I am busy with making some fun crafts and great recipes to share the joy of the holidays.
This weekend we are picking our son from college and visiting the Asian market for some items for our celebration:
Food shopping and menu planning:
On the Menu:
- Oolong tea
- Ginger Pork Pot Stickers.
- Spring Rolls
- Roasted Bock choy
- Longevity Noodles
- whole Chicken
Whole Chicken Recipe : Togetherness is an overarching theme of the Lunar New Year.”Serving a whole peace of meat symbolizes the reunion of the whole family,
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder, or to taste
- ½ cup margarine, divided
- 1 stalk celery, leaves removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder. Place 3 tablespoons margarine in the chicken cavity. Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine around the chicken’s exterior. Cut the celery into 3 or 4 pieces, and place in the chicken cavity.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.
My stickers for my planner
I found these in a cute shop on Etsy . Love finding special stickers for my planner.